- Boards & Commissions
- City Hall
- Law Enforcement
- Financial Reports & Budgets
- Human Resources
- Mayor & Council
- Meeting Agendas & Minutes
- Open Records
- Payment Options
- Building Permits & Inspections
- New Resident Resources
- Frequently Called Numbers
- Contact Us
Businesses within the City Limit of Overbrook are encouraged to apply now
Greetings Overbrook Business Owner,
The City of Overbrook, KS has been awarded $117,000 of funding through the Kansas Department of Commerce’s Community Development Block Grant COVID-19 Small Business Grant Program (CDBG-CV). The City of Overbrook Small Business COVID-19 Grant will assist with immediate and anticipated needs of existing Overbrook small businesses negatively impacted by COVID-19. Negatively impacted small businesses are defined as for-profit, tax entity, non-farming businesses operating within the City of Overbrook with less than 50 employees.
The application process began August 31st and run through October 2nd, 2020. No applications will be accepted after 5:00 pm on October 2nd, 2020. Please fill out the application attached to this email and send the completed forms via email to email@example.com or mail it to Jim Koger City Clerk c/o City of Overbrook – CDBG-CV Application, PO Box 288, 401 Maple St, Overbrook, KS 66524. Please call City Hall 665-7328 or Garrett Nordstrom with Governmental Assistance Services at 816-805-9183 (or email firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.
- To be eligible to receive a CDBG-CV Small Business Grant, the recipient business must be a for-profit business and retaining jobs for low to moderate-income people. 51% or more of the full-time equivalent (FTE) jobs retained must be for persons from low to moderate-income households as defined by the department of Housing and Urban Development. A full-time equivalent job is defined as at least 36 hours a week. Part time hours can be combined to fulfill an FTE job. Households must have a total Adjusted Gross Income that is below 80% of County Median Income. The income limits for qualification are:
1 Person Family_____$43,550
2 Person Family_____$49,750
3 Person Family_____$55,950
4 Person Family_____$62,150
5 Person Family_____$67,150
6 Person Family_____$72,100
7 Person Family_____$77,100
8 Person Family_____$82,050
- CDBG-CV grants can be used to pay for working capital, inventory, wages, utilities, rent, etc.
- Paying off existing debt is NOT an eligible use. Grant dollars cannot be used for the acquisition of new building(s), property, expansion, or personal non-business costs.
- Duplication of benefits is prohibited under the federal CARES Act, meaning any small business that received funding from PPP, EIDL, SBA, or other programs authorized through the CARES Act, would only be eligible for CDBG-CV funds if the grant award was not used to cover the same week’s salaries, rent utilities, etc.
- To receive funding distributions, businesses must be willing to share invoices/payroll information/etc. to ensure grant compliance.
- The CDBG-CV program allows for businesses with five or fewer employees (including the owner) to receive up to $25,000 per FTE job with a maximum of $30,000 per company.
- Businesses with between six and 50 employees are eligible to receive up to $35,000 for each FTE job with a maximum of $50,000 per company.
- With only $117,000 in local funding for this program, it is highly likely that awards will be less than the allowable maximums. Awards will be distributed following an application review by the City of Overbrook.